Soft Ice Cream Machine Washing and Sanitizing
In order to ensure that the ice cream and frozen yogurt machine is clean, before it is used the first time its parts needs to be sanitized and washed. The cleaning process is also necessary as a daily routine after soft ice cream production has been done or if the machine has not been used for a long time.
Warning: Before disassembling any parts, always remember to stop and unplug the machine.
- Because this is a food-producing machine, always remember to keep good hygiene and to wash and sanitize all parts that have been in contact with the product after the machine has been used.
- After the cleaning process is done then the parts should be rinsed with bacteriafree drinking water and thereafter dried.
- The temperature of the water used during cleaning, should never exceed 40 ºC since it may cause damage to the plastic parts and seal in the machine.
Info - To prepare sanitizing solution you need to:
- 5 L container with water.
- Pour one bag of sanitizer into the water.
- Mix the solution for 2 minutes or until all the sanitizer is dissolved.
- The sanitizing solution is ready to be used.
- Sanitize and clean the hoppers and the cooling cylinders;
- Sanitize and clean the discharge door;
- Sanitize and clean the beater assembly;
- Clean the machine shell with a cloth drenched in a sanitizer;
- Clean the drip tray and drip pan with water and sanitizer;
Sanitizing and cleaning the soft ice cream machine
During the cleaning and sanitizing process, the usage of sanitizer powder is recommended to ensure that the ice cream machine and its components will be properly sanitized.
NOTE: the ratio between the amount of water and sanitizer should strictly be kept; this is to ensure the effect of the sanitizer.
- STOP the ice cream and frozen yogurt machine by pressing the STOP button;
- Fill both of the hoppers with lukewarm water.
- Open each draw vale, one at the time to empty the water-ice cream mix into a container.
- Refill the hoppers with lukewarm water and repeat the same process until all ice cream is removed and the water is clear when it exits from the drawn valve.
- Fill both hoppers with the sanitizing solution and push the CLEAN button.
- Wait for 15 minutes.
- Push the STOP button and drain the sanitizing solution.
- Finally rinse the two hoppers with cold drinking water and drain all the water from the cooling cylinder.
Disassembling, cleaning and sanitizing of the soft ice cream machine's discharge door
Warning: before disassembling the discharge door, remember to stop and unplug the ice cream and frozen yogurt machine .
- Pull down all the distribution handles, so they are in distribution position.
- Unscrew the four handle screw (1) and remove the discharge door from the machine.
- Remove the o-rings (8).
- Unscrew the pivot pin nut (10) and remove the pivot pin (7).
- Remove the distribution handles (2) and Distribution level (3) and screw them apart
- .Press out the drawn valves (4,5) and remove Draw valve O-ring (5.6).
- Clean all the parts with lukewarm water and the place them in a container with sanitizing solution for 10 min.
- Rinse the parts in cold drinking water.
- Dry the parts with air or a clean towel.
- Reassemble the discharge door and replace it.
NOTE. Remember to put a thin layer of lubricant on the different o-rings after they have been put in place.
Disassembling, cleaning and sanitation of the of the beater assembly
After the discharge door been removed, then it is possible to remove the beater assemble from the ice cream machine.
- Pull out the beater assemble and remove the ripple seal ring.
- Place the two parts in a container with sanitizer for 10 minutes.
- Rinse the part with cold drinking water.
- Dry the parts with air or with a clean towel.
NOTE: remember to put a thin layer of lubricant as shown on the picture bellow.
IMPORTANT: Remember to always ensure that the cooling cylinder been drained of water after it been cleaned or sanitized.
Note: This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children)with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities,or lack of experience and knowledge,unless
they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
Note: Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.